Studio Closed: Wednesday, November 25
Studio Open: Monday, November 30
There will be NO Nutcracker nor Team rehearsals.
- Volunteers desperately needed to load in props and strike the set on Sunday, December 13.
Load in 9-noon. Strike the set 6:30-9:30. Sign up in the office.
- Performance MASKS are required for the show. We have been sizing dancers for fit. The masks are being made by a Studio mom for a cost of $5. Please drop off the money to the office. Masks will be handed out the day of the show/taping so they won't get lost.
- Buy your performance tights and camisole. Check the Costume easel for hairstyles and important costume/accessory information too. Located in the foyer.
- Balance due on Nutcracker fee
- Video fees due $35
- Check spelling for the program in the office.
- Place an ad in the program. All ad's are 1/2 price this year as we will be doing downloadable pdf programs that you will be able to print on your own for keepsakes.
Show/Taping Call Times and Performance Times TBA.
November 15th: CDC has just released new guidelines regarding capacity numbers. We will release a schedule and updated "Guest" count as we get closer with whatever guidelines are in effect at that time.
Don't see your rehearsal? Contact the office for help.
And look closely at the Finale rehearsals. All Act II dances will have a separate rehearsal (except for Bon Bons as they will practice their Finale section in their scheduled rehearsal time). And Leads/demi-leads have an additional Finale rehearsal too.
for Weeks #6 & #7 (please check Fight and Snow times as I made a change!)
for Week #8 (please check as Candy Cane & Marzipan has change!)
YES, the studio is OPEN on Tuesday, November 3rd.
Change of Date: Sunday, December 13 ONLY (Both Act I & Act II)
Location: Old Silk Mill (performance and taping)
1707 Princess Anne St, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
The Nutcracker will be videotaped in staggered groups which will allow us to invite parents in to watch the dancing and taping of their dancers. Call times will be posted later as I want to ensure I maximize the capacity limits. Consider how we run Dress Rehearsal as this will be similar.
Thank you to all the parents who reached out to me with suggestions about potential venues. Alas, no public schools, no private schools, no UMW, no Riverside, no venue halls (ex: Elks Lodge), and no churches are renting to outside groups at this time. There were a few venues that had the space, but not the capacity. Venues are limited to 30% capacity at this time. So although I could have my dancers, I would not be able to have the parents. In total, around 30+ venues were contacted.
Videos of the 2020 Nutcracker will be available to purchase to those not in the production. The Nutcracker is a holiday family tradition so I am very pleased to be able to offer the "Magic" of the Nutcracker again this year, just a bit differently.