I hope all of you are doing well. Keeping safe and staying positive.
As Virginia's Phase One of openings are coming near, projected date of May 15 (that is if nothing changes), you all may have questions regarding the studio and what category we fall in. I fall in the "Fitness and Exercise" category, but also I feel I should fall into "Youth activities." In Phase One and for "Fitness and Exercise," we are required to remain closed (exception: limited to outdoor classes and limited to gatherings of 10). For "Youth activities," we are required to remain closed. According to everything I have read, it looks like FBC falls in Phase Two, but as of now, there are no Virginia guidelines for Phase Two (except this statement; Phase Two would begin roughly a month after a state sees a continued decline in COVID-19 cases (no rebound), as well as meets essential criteria.) as the Governor needs to wait to see how Phase One goes. I have attached a very helpful website if you
would like to take a look. https://www.governor.virginia.gov/newsroom/all-releases/2020/may/headline-856681-en.html
Basically this email is me just letting you know I am monitoring the situation carefully and I am still on hold. I do have ideas (loads of them), but they all depend on when I open the doors. And that too will depend on my staff, parents, and students being comfortable to return. I of course would love to release dates to give some hope to our students, but I think it would be worse to give definite dates at this time, just to cancel them (this may be unavoidable), but I don't feel like I should make any concrete decisions at this time.
So, I am going to wait till the end of this month to make any new decisions. This will allow a couple of weeks of Phase One to pass so we can see how it is going.
In the meantime, we are of course offering online classes to keep our dancers active and engaged.
Wishing you all the best,